Food Grade Silicone for Baby: The Safe Choice
As a parent, you want to provide the best possible products for your baby. This includes safe and non-toxic materials for toys and other essentials. Food grade silicone is becoming increasingly popular for baby products due to its safety, durability, and ease of cleaning. In this article, we will discuss why food-grade silicone is an excellent choice for your little one and what products are available on the market.
Why Choose Food Grade Silicone for Baby?
Food grade silicone is a type of silicone that is free from harmful chemicals and safe for contact with food. It is often used in the kitchen for baking mats, food storage containers, and utensils. However, it is also an ideal material for baby products for the following reasons:
- Non-toxic: Food grade silicone is non-toxic and free from harmful chemicals like BPA, phthalates, and PVC. This means that it is safe for your baby to put in their mouth and chew on.
- Durable: Silicone is a durable material that can withstand high temperatures, making it ideal for teething toys that can be put in the freezer for added relief.
- Easy to clean: Silicone is easy to clean and can be boiled, microwaved, or put in the dishwasher for sanitization.
- Soft and flexible: Silicone is soft and flexible, making it comfortable for your baby to chew on and play with.
Is silicone toxic to babies?
While not a “100% natural” material like rubber, food-grade silicone is a non-toxic polymer mostly made from silica (sand). It can withstand heating and freezing without leaching or off-gassing, hazardous chemicals – unlike plastics, which contaminate food in these environments. It is also odor and stain-resistant, hypoallergenic, and because of its smooth surface, very easy to clean. For these reasons, and because it is soft like rubber and does not break, it is the perfect material for eco-friendly and non-toxic baby products in particular.
Food-grade silicone is odorless, non-toxic, and non-hazardous in nature. This means that it does not contain BPA, latex, lead, or any other harmful byproducts that we do not want around our little ones.
When it comes to choosing baby products, food-grade silicone meets the highest standards for “food-safe” substances, ensuring that it is non-toxic and suitable for contact with food. All the silicone baby products undergo rigorous testing. You can trust that our silicone products are free from BPA, BPS, PVC, lead, and phthalates, providing a safe environment for your child.
FDA-approved food-grade silicone is a non-toxic type of silicone that does not contain any chemical byproducts making it completely safe to use with food for babies or for babies to put directly in their mouths, like in the form of teethers. It is safe to be used in microwaves, ovens, dishwashers, and freezers and is also safe for food- storage. A product needs to pass several rigorous phases to be FDA-approved.
Food-grade silicone is highly resistant to high temperatures, meaning it will not harden, crack, peel, crumble, dry out, rot, or become brittle over time.
Silicone offers numerous benefits. Its flexibility, heat resistance, hygiene, and allergy-friendly properties make it an excellent choice for baby and children’s products. By choosing silicone, you’re not only providing a safer environment for your child but also contributing to a more sustainable future!
So silicone is safe for babies.
Is silicone safe for babies to chew on?
Silicone teethers and toys even silicone feeding products are safe for babies to chew on. There are many benefits to using silicone teethers besides relieving those sore gums. Swollen gums, irritability, drooling, trouble sleeping, fussiness and crankness, losing appetite, and biting on any objects, if your baby has these symptoms, it’s time to give your baby the silicone teething toys.
Teething can be a difficult time for you and your newborn. But teething toys like silicone teethers can offer your little one some relief. We hope these selection tips can help you choose the perfect toys for your baby.
Pay attention to the safety tips of using silicone baby teethers to make sure your baby is safe with these teething toys
Safety Tips Of Using Silicone Baby Teethers
- Baby Safety Comes First. As with any toy or object in your baby’s reach, you should always inspect teethers before use. If you notice any damage, we recommend you dispose of it right away.
- Since teethers are going into your baby’s mouth, it’s important to regularly clean your baby’s teethers as often as possible.
- Always inspect the silicone teethers for cracks or other signs of damage when you clean them. Throw the broken teethers away and replace them with a new one.
- You should never leave your baby unsupervised when they have the teether.
- For silicone teethers with the wooden ring, make sure the wood surface is smooth and doesn’t have any edges that could dig into the gum.
- For beaded silicone teething bracelets and necklaces, ensure the strings and knots are tight and strong.
- Chill the silicone teethers in the refrigerator rather than freezing them. Teethers that are frozen or too cold tend to be too hard for your little one’s gums. They may bruise your baby’s delicate gums.
- Keep a baby bib close by to catch the excess dribble. Baby is droopy when they are teething. Too much saliva can cause skin irritations.
Products Available in Food Grade Silicone for Baby
There are a variety of products available in food-grade silicone for babies, including:
Teething toys made from food grade silicone are durable and safe for your baby to chew on, providing relief for sore gums.
Sippy cups and feeding utensils
Sippy cups and feeding utensils made from food grade silicone are easy to grip and safe for your baby to use.
Pacifiers: Pacifiers made from food grade silicone are a safe and comfortable option for your baby to soothe themselves.
Bottle nipples: Bottle nipples made from food grade silicone are soft and mimic the natural feel of breastfeeding.
Food-grade silicone is a safe and durable material for baby products that provides peace of mind for parents. From pacifiers to teething toys, silicone offers a non-toxic and easy to clean option for your little one. When choosing baby products, look for those made from food grade silicone to ensure the highest level of safety and quality for your baby.